Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 808's lovely afternoon


It has been raining a lot. Like, every day. I'm not complaining though, because it has made for a mild summer, and should mean a spectacular showing of fall foliage in a couple of weeks. I got home from work on Friday to a perfect, still early fall afternoon. The rain had stopped (for the moment) so Maddie and I (and my camera) decided to hang out in the front yard. At first she was a little drowsy, as I came home in the middle of her afternoon nap (lucky dog).


But it wasn't long before silliness ensued.





Rolling around in the wet grass isn't my idea of a great time, so I headed over to check out the dogwood tree, which is showing signs of turning leaves.


The rain seemed to have saturated all of the colors. Aren't they lovely?

6 comments:

Oona Johnson said...

I love it when my dog flops around like a drunken fish, she always looks like she is having such a good time!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I heart dogs. They make me smile!!

Chic Coles said...

Wow that must have felt good. She must have been so happy to have you home and to start the weekend. Nature is amazing with the colors it can produce.

LindsB said...

I cant believe that the leaves are turning that bright red already! Your dog is so cute BTW

Adam said...

Yay for Maddie!!! I think you should let her and Peepers have a turn at writing a blog post :) Maddie could be super excited about all 'toys' you decorate your house with, and Peepers could be over-the-top melodramatic about what a chore it is to babysit the dog everyday. LOVE IT. I can see the trailer for the feature film based on the blog now...... I call 10% of revenue!!

lauren @ gathering moss said...

that is one of my two large, hairy dogs' favorite thing to do...on my living room rug...immediately after i have vacuumed it...because there was so much dog hair on it. vicious cycle. love your blog!