Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 717's house love


I'm head-over-heels for the Savannah home of Liz Demos of @home, featured recently on Design*Sponge. The mix of architectural salvage and flea market finds with an edited color palette is so great, and there is more to discover each time I take a new look.


Check out what Liz has to say about some of the interesting pieces in the house: "The old school globe is one of those ones you can write on with chalk to learn about geography. It is one of my favorite possessions. The white country cabinet houses the TV and lots of our son’s toys."


"I love metal furniture and you can see why, lots of drawers and great surfaces. They look modern but not totally out of place with all my other old things. The faux wood grain metal cabinet next to the sofa is from an old library. The drapes are from Ikea (about 5 years ago) and we bought extra to upholster valances. I think this is a great trick to get a custom look from off the shelf draperies & you get lots of extra fabric if you decide to make pillows later." Totally love this idea!


"Close up of library cabinet and on top a vintage bingo spinner, an arts & crafts lamp and a 19th century fabric sampler."



"I adore Swedish painted furniture so when I spotted this 1920s dining table and chairs set I scooped it up."


"The sideboard is also a vintage find from a central Florida antique fair. I made the drapes from wide striped ticking yardage."



"This is a view of the top of a cabinet in the hallway. In the assortment: tin purses, a print of a pigeon, an old mirror and an alabaster lamp."



"This is a shot of our bathroom towel hooks under a shelf that houses a collection of pond boats and one of my many apartment for rent signs. I also like antique wire hangers so you can see two of them hanging near the window. The are like sculpture and all so different."

11 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

Love this house and the drapes from Ikea, I would never have guessed.

megan @ a life's design said...

oh my...i am swooning! i love everything! architectural salvage + flea market finds = the best of both worlds.

yvonne said...

I love the casual chic vibe of this house.

paula said...

I just love all the unique cabinets.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love how there is a mismatch of furniture in different colors and styles but it all just flows together to make a nice,cozy space.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I could move in and be perfectly happy.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Beautiful home. I love what she did with the IKEA curtains. They look custom made! What a great trick with the covered valances.

Lauren said...

oh my gosh---- STRAIGHT into favorties!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!! love everything!!!!!!

Megan said...

There are so many lovely element to this home that I'v happily looked over the images about 10 times since you posted and keep finding inspiration. It seems that each piece was lovingly picked and the color scheme makes it all so calming. What a beautiful space!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That mirror is incredible!

Meranda S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.