Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 558's replacement project


In case you were wondering, I never did turn five yards of plaid fabric into Christmas stockings (I'm sure Lindsay will be quite relieved). I'd still like to make one for Wes (and then do something different for me, and subsequently for every other stocking that will join our family), but 12 months to do so sounds so much more manageable than 10 days, and Christmas 2008 still came and went even though we did not have stockings (oh the horror!).


Now I've got myself wanting something bigger out of that fabric: a pretty blanket with a nice trim. Like this. I even unrolled some of the fabric the other night and sat under it while watching something on TV. Wes laughed at me.

4 comments:

paula said...

ha! that would be a sight. that fabric is so lovely though so i may have done it to.

Star said...

I definitely think that a blanket is the way to go. I love the smaller blankets that are perfect for sitting on the couch and watching tv.

Candace said...

What better way to see if you'll like the blanket than to try it out!

Lauren said...

haha, but didn't Christmas really fly by too quickly this year??